Guide to corporate credit cards in India
Corporate credit cards in India came into existence to help businesses sort out business-related expenses of employees. Though reimbursements are more popular, it increases the workload of employees and accounting teams.
Many expenses go unreported or falsely reported leading to poor expense reporting. The payment mode that overcomes this and also makes the job easy for everyone is the corporate credit card in India.
By distributing the corporate credit card for employees, you empower them to cover their own business-related expenses with business funds.
Corporate credit cards look and work like any other cards. They come with the names of employees on top of them.
Specifically, corporate credit cards work differs from normal credit cards in the following ways.
• Corporate credit cards come with the ability to be managed from a centralized dashboard.
• You can set budgets for each card controlling out-of-pocket expenses of employees. You can also set authorizations if more credits must be added.
• You can block or freeze the card anytime from the dashboard if the card should not be used further.
• The corporate credit card for employees gives you real-time visibility. You can keep an eye on where your card is used right from the dashboard.
• Corporate cards come in both physical and digital formats.
• You can link each card to a relevant department. So that makes it easy to see how much each department has spent.
Interested in assigning the corporate card for employees? The corporate credit card in India requires a business to submit the following documents.
The list of documents that you should gather is
Any government-issued ID card like Aadhar, pan card, voter ID, driving license, or passport works. This ID proof should have the full name and age of the applicant.
For address proof of the business, you can submit rental or lease agreements, utility bills, licenses or ownership documents, property tax, and rental receipts.
Every eligible and registered tax-paying business in India can obtain the GST certificate. You can download yours by logging into the government GST portal. GST number will be present in your login details of the GST platform.
CIN number means Corporate Identification Number or Company Identification Number. This is a unique identification number given to businesses.
You can find yours by running a search on MCA 21 portal. Search with your company name, ROC registration number, or old CIN. CIN number is a must to apply successfully for a corporate credit card in India.
Bank statements of a business are considered an important document proof to validate your eligibility to own a corporate card. They decide how much credit you are eligible for.
Fetch bank statements of your business checking account for the past 3 to 6 months.
Interesting read - Rationale behind RBIs move to link credit card to UPI
There are countless options for Indian SMEs to provide corporate credit cards for employees. Before choosing an ideal product, you must be aware of certain factors related to the features of this product.
No two businesses spend alike. The spending habits vary based on the location, nature of the business, industry, and many more factors.
If you look at the types of corporate credit cards offered in India, there are travel cards, premium cards, platinum user cards, charge cards, cards with usage limits, etc.
Depending on your business requirements and employee travel needs, you can choose a card and plan that works well for you.
The reason that pushes businesses to go for corporate credit cards is its features. Some features that must be present ideally are
• Ability to set budgets for each card
• Monitor expenses of all cards in one place
• Should be able to set limits
• The number of cards generated shouldn’t be limited
• Should be able to delete or freeze the card if it’s not needed anymore
The bonus benefits of having a credit card are enjoying rewards and cash back. Corporate credit cards in India typically offer cash back. They might also offer cheap international transactions at a cut-down fx rate.
There are also cards that offer you discounts for specific spending, let’s say a hotel or air ticket booking through a particular app. By choosing such products, you can reap more of what you spend.
The corporate credit card in India is indeed an expensive product. But the price range differs from provider to provider. There might be annual costs or charges associated with each transaction.
Some providers emphasize hidden charges also. Compare the charges of different card providers and also analyze if their pricing is transparent.
You can predict how much you need to manage employee expense needs. Your credit lender must be able to provide that. Also, your current loan and other liabilities will be taken into consideration to determine your eligible credit.
Hence, you need to make sure that you will get the required amount of credit needed to load the corporate credit for employees.
Most providers of corporate credit card in India have a single-click application process. They require minimal information and documentation.
At maximum, it will take only a few minutes to fill out and submit an online application. They are also prompt in sharing the updates and sending the card.
Choosing such a provider will make the task easy for you. If you go for providers with lengthy forms and those who ask for old documents and statements, it will prolong the process.
Looking for a powerful card that comes with all the above features? Volopay is right here for you. Volopay corporate cards are the best for making online payments and out-of-pocket expenses for employees.
Here is why you must consider Volopay for providing corporate cards with credit.
• Volopay has both physical and virtual cards. Physical cards are premium, sleek-model, plastic cards with your employee names on top.
• Virtual cards can be created within the Volopay dashboard and used anywhere. Each card comes with unique card details. And you can create as many as you need.
• Along with assigning the cards for employees, they also work best to schedule monthly subscription bills in auto-pay mode.
• Be able to set budgets for each card and control how much employees spend. If they need more, they must get approval.
• No longer need a card? Simply freeze or block the card.
• Monitor from the main dashboard the transactions processed through each card.
• If you are eligible to borrow credits, apply within 3 minutes, get your profile validated in a few days and receive credit right into your Volopay wallet. All within the app.
Compared to other corporate card providers in India, Volopay cards are cheaper, reliable, and best for both local and international payments.
Suggested read: A guide on how credit card processing works in India